To enjoy a truly wonderful and relaxed holiday you also want to feel in harmony with nature and your environment. We therefore strive to run all our hotels and resorts according to the principles of sustainable tourism.
As Freshwater is often in short supply on the Canary Islands and to preserve our environment, we kindly ask everyone to use water and electricity responsibly. Did you know? If 500 people do not leave the water running when they brush their teeth, at least 50,000 liters of water will be saved every week
Moreover, to save considerable quantities of electricity, detergent and water, bedclothes and towels are not automatically changed on cleaning days. If you prefer to have them changed please leave them in the shower.
At SENTIDO Buganvilla Hotel & Spa we are striving to deliver the best quality possible.
During the year 2018 we seek achieved the following certificates:
Travelife is an independent, internationally recognized sustainability award scheme for the tourism industry. Around 100 criteria are assessed, including fair wages for staff and measures to minimise energy and water use, reduce waste and to give preference to local suppliers.
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO):
The ISO is an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations.
The ISO 9000 family of quality management systems standards is designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product. ISO 9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the eight management principles upon which the family of standards is based. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organizations wishing to meet the standard must fulfill.
Third-party certification bodies provide independent confirmation that organizations meet the requirements of ISO 9001. Over one million organizations worldwide are independently certified, making ISO 9001 one of the most widely used management tools in the world today.
STANDARDS & RECOMMENDATIONS. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
The conserve and protect the natural and cultural heritage of our island depends on the act and awareness of all. Work with us respecting the rules and recommendations. Help us to preserve and protect nature.
- Always obey the instructions of the touristic centres and National Park.
- Visit without leaving a trace. Cook and camp only in specially authorized and marked locations.
- Alert or report any behavior or hazardous condition.
- Remove all your trash outside protected wild areas.
- Do not remove or damage the geological, paleontological or historical remains.
- Do not leave roads or take shortcuts. Avoid creating alternative paths, which in addition to causing erosion problems, can disorientate others.
- If your interest is photography or filming, pay attention to the ground when searching for the perfect image and avoid a possible accident.